COVER CROP COST SHARE RESOURCES
Below are the average parameters of most programs:
You can receive $10 per acre on up to 200 acres or 10% of your farmed acres (whichever is larger) and $5 per acre on everything above that. There are no requirements on the species or seeding method used.
• Plant cover crops on land not already included in another private cost share program.
• Attend a cover crop or soil health field day or workshop. Virtual options available.
• Complete 20-minute Crop Production Survey and data entry with PFI, if requested.
• Complete 20-minute Wrap-Up Survey to recap cover crop practices and final acres planted.
• Give permission to PFI to request FSA-578 forms to certify acres farmed.
• Submit to PFI copies of cover crop receipts for verification of acres planted.
• If new to the program or new to cover crops, talk with a PFI cover crop expert (30 min phone call).
“Cover Crop Cost-Share.” Practical Farmers of Iowa, 20 Sept. 2022, https://practicalfarmers.org/cover-crop-cost-share/.